Recipe Page info
- Duration: 75 min
- Level: Medium
- Type: Dessert
A light, spongy cake for any occasion, made healthier with olive oil instead of butter that also gives it a richer flavor.
- OliAMO Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 1 1/3 cups
- Eggs 3 large
- Almond Milk 1 ¼ cups
- Lemon zest - 1 1/2 tablespoons grated (zest, no white pith!)
- Lemon juice - 1/4 cup freshly squeezed
- Limoncello - 1/4 cup
- Lemon extract - 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Granulated sugar (can substitute sugar substitute like Monkfruit) - 1 3/4 cups
- Sea salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Confectioners’ sugar
STEPS: 1Pre-heat oven to 325F and add a circle of parchment paper to the base of a 10” cake pan (do not make this cake in a regular 9-inch cake pan), rubbing the sides and bottom of the pan lightly with OliAMO.
STEPS: 2In your mixer’s mixing bowl, add the olive oil and eggs; whisk well on medium speed to emulsify and incorporate.
STEPS: 3Add the almond milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, Limoncello, and lemon extract.
STEPS: 4Add the sugar and mix until well combined.
STEPS: 5Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; whisk until incorporated. The batter will be thin.
STEPS: 6Turn the batter out into your prepared pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 60 minutes (depending on your oven and altitude). The cake will be done when a toothpick comes out clean and crumby, not wet.
STEPS: 7Turn the cake out onto a cooling mesh and dust with confectioners’ sugar before to serving.
Olive Oil Lemon Cake